Monday, October 8, 2007

tooth bugs

Yesterday, after general conference, my family went up to my Mimi's house. while there, L was looking through some old song books she got from her mother. there were a lot of old sunday school song books, but one of them happened to be a really old (published in 1939) primary song book. it had all sorts of songs in it. thanksgiving songs, songs about easter, songs about chiristmas. there were even some songs about "grandma's old fasioned garden" the one song that i like the best was called "tooth bugs"

"I do not want to clean my teeth," a little boy once cried,
"I've washed my face and combed my hair, That's quite e-nough," he sighed;
Some tooth-bugs hiding in his mouth, Began to dance in glee;
"At last we've found a home," they cried, "We do not have to flee!"

"This boy has such a nice warm mouth, We'll linger here all night;
His teeth are filled with bits of food, We'll eat with all our might!"
The small boy heard their shout of glee, "Get out of there," he cried;
He grabbed his brugh and scrubbed and scrubbed 'Till ev'ry tooth bug died.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They didn't happen to have a song about being reverent during conference did they? I could have reached across and smacked this obnoxious elder on Saturday and Sunday.

BTW, now I feel I need to go brush my teeth again.

Thanks.