Thursday, October 11, 2007

It should have been today

Today is offically 90 days from my birthday, meaning that my papers should have gone downtown today. thats great! except for not.

Reason one:
my bishop wants me to get a "missionary screening" from the LDS family services to make sure that my depression et al. wont get in the way of my being able to serve. the bishop says that he isnt worried about it, it is more for clarification for the missionary councel, because they might have questions. this meeting is apparantly two sessions long with a councelor. my first meeting isnt until next wednesday. since i've done this kind of thing before, i'm guessing it will take about a week before my second and hopefully final meeting with them, then they will send a letter to my bishop saying yea or nay i will be able to serve without any hinderance. as of right now, i'm really really hoping that they are a yea yea instead of a nay nay. i have guesses as to what it would do psycologically.

Reason two:
i have yet to meet with my stake president. president R is out of country a lot, so i have to wait a long time for his secritary to call me and set up a time. also, i have suspicions that my bishop has yet to give my papers to president R. reasoning? see reason one.

so, although this should have been a great day, its not. i should have had my papers in to downtown today, but they wont. Fie on Melinda being stupid!

1 comment:

Sean said...

October 11th could have been a great day anyway. You were 20 3/4ths old. Throw a party. Silly Mormons celebrate half birthdays. Why not start a new fad and start celebrating birthdays that are 1/4 of actual days? Mother nature does that. Every 4th of the year she throws a new party and does something to the whole earth. (-:

On a serious note, I wouldn't worry about the time issue. From the time your papers leaving your Stake Pres's fax machine to the moment you are crying with relatives over being called to be the first missionary in China is usually about three weeks. And then depending on where you are going... you could be gone within 4 weeks to 6 months. (I entered the MTC after 5 weeks. A buddy of mine waited 7 months from the date of her call to the day she went into the MTC). The timing isn't important. The Lord will bless you no matter what. If you go in 90 days or in 190 days it is still the same. That's the great thing about His blessings; Unlike my Target coupons, the Lord doesn't have expiration dates.

If all else fails, you have more time to throw quarterly birthday parties. Think of all of the helium you will be able to suck out of the balloons.