Wednesday, September 5, 2007

the 39


The 39 was my bus for about two years, while i worked at western research. UTA has recently changed their routs, so i no longer have a 39 to go and catch to work. its a good thing i dont work downtown any more. it was about a five minute walk to my bus stop, to catch my bus, the beloved 39, down to trax, and out two stops to work. now, the closest bus is about a 30 minute walk, to the 41, and down to trax and down two stops to my work...old work i suppose it is. while the 39 was five minutes from my house, i left my house between 1 and 1:15 to get to work by 3. i would hate to think that now, with their new routes (which, by the by are supposed to be more convienent for people. convienient my foot!) i would have had to leave my house by 12:30, even earlier in the snow, cause thats a long cold walk in the snow and takes about 45 minutes, to get to work by 3:00! that would be almost a three hour commute! i think i'm glad that i work where i work now (not the time, just the location. getting up at four to clean snow off my car wont be all that fun). so long to my "transformer bus" as rachel liked to call it! it will be dearly missed. it was handy to have if i wanted to just randomly go downtown for a while, but didnt want to park my car at trax. :(

1 comment:

Sean said...

Before I moved to Idaho, I had a three hour commute every day except friday where it was 4 hours. I did that for about 3 years, all in my truck. I really grew to love books on tape because 1.5 to 2 hours of commuting in the morning with early morning radio shows gets really annoying.

As soon as I get a job, if it's back here in Cali, I can expect more of that - 2-4 hours commuting in my car every day.