Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Life is.... life

Life since my last update hasn't been to eventful.  I finally found a job, and my dearest is still up in Idaho at school.  I'm still in Utah, at home, and feeling more and more like a hermit.
The job I found is not at all what I wanted.  I've worked for the place before, and it isn't my exact favourite job. Its working in a call center, doing telephone surveys with people.  I'm working nights and Saturdays, so I hardly ever see my family.  I see dad for maybe a couple hours in the evening (if at all that night), Dante for a couple hours in the morning, and mom for a couple hours both times.  I chat with people online, sometimes, but because i'm home during the day, and they are at class/working during the day, I hardly ever get to talk to people that way either.  The only people I ever get to talk to are at work, and people on the phone, and they generally aren't really happy to talk to me.  BUT, its a job.  It's a paycheck.  It's money in my account so I (hopefully) won't have to take out any student loans.  I shouldn't complaine, and I should be grateful.  Thats the lesson i'm learning at this time.  To be greatful for what I do have in life, and not wish for what I don't.

Having my dearest up in Idaho has been hard, to say the least.  Another good friend has recently found himself his first love, which is amazing for him.  And I really and truly am happy for him.  Its fun to hear of his new adventure into this stage of life, and remember my first ventures down the road (which seems a long time ago.  was it really only 4 years?).  at the same time, hearing about it is sometimes hard.  it makes me miss what i don't have.  I look forward to the future, and count the days till the next known time we will at least be in the same state.

The last couple weeks, Dante has been off track, and has been keeping me company.  Monday, he'll go back to school, and I realized I'll be home by myself every day.  I'll see my family less, and become even more of a hermit.  Before, when I worked where I worked, I wanted to be a hermit, and spend as much time away from my family as possible.  Now, I want to see them.  Working during the day is my preference.  I want to see my family, and spend as much time with them as possible.  What a change.

Life certianly is interesting.  It throws a lot of twists and turns at us that are unexpected.  Who ever knew this would come?  God certianly has a sense of humor.

No comments: