Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reflecting on life

After realizing that it has been more than a month since I've updated, I figured it might be time to update on my life.  Life has been pretty good, all things considered.  It has definitely been weird, and quite unexpected, but honestly, I don't think I can complain.  I'm excited for classes (and one in particular) to be done with.  But at the same time, I'm also going to miss being here, and seeing people.  I started out the semester dreading it, and trying to avoid my roommates, but now, most of them are good friends, and I know I'm going to miss them.  Two of them are planning on a mission, which I can support, but it also means that I'll see them who knows when again.  Especially since I've gotten a lot worse at keeping in touch with people since coming home from my mission.
In my Experiential Education class, we made a alpha-poem.  You know, those ones where you put a word vertically, and have to fill in horizontally other words dealing with the vertical word, and starting with the letters of the vertical word?  Anyhow, we did that today, with the word Experience, and I think that it fits my life fairly well.
in Every
  eXperience
   People
   Engage
   Rigerously
   In
   Exciting
   New
   Challenges
   Everywhere

My life recently has indeed been full of challenges everywhere, and of every shape and kind.  I've been forced to become the leader of a (two person) group project, and pull the other member along to get anything done. this has been a continuing challenge, because I hate being the leader.  I know that i can do it, and this helps to reinforce that in my mind, and so its good for me, I just wish it didn't have to happen.  One of my favorite things that happened this semester was that I got the opportunity to work at a ropes course.  I learned about safety and maintenance,  I learned how to facilitate activities there, I refreshed on some of my knot tying skills, I learned a lot of stuff, and was able to spend some time outdoors, when I otherwise wouldn't have been able to.  This semester has been one of my favorite ones up here.  I didn't have to fight my depression as much as I was expecting to.  I ended up with better experiences, and much better roommates than I expected to.
I'm sad to have it be ended so soon.  I learned a lot this semester.  I grew a lot.  I have had a lot of experiences that I know that I needed to have.  People that I know I needed to meet, and get to know.  Life is good.  How could I complain?

No comments: