Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lesson Learned

Last night, I watched Harry Potter 5, as I have only seen the end, and wanted to see it all. The kids joined me (mom and dad were at the store) when it got dark outside. After a while, they started falling asleep, so we said a small family prayer, and they went off to bed. As I was tucking Dante into bed, he told me "Mindy, do you know why I dont like to watch Harry Potter before bed?"
"No Dante, tell me why."
"Because it gives me bad dreams"
So, trying to be comforting, I explained to him about how we can pray before we go to bed to not have bad dreams, and how if we have a bad dream, we can pray for comfort and to not have any more. He seemed to accept it, and went to sleep.
This mornong, Rachel came into breakfast and proceeded to tell us about a bad dream that she had. Dante piped up and said "you should have prayed to not have bad dreams"
I was both amused by his response and was pleased he listend and learned.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Okay, yeah, that's just totally awesome! :) Kids do learn the lessons that we share with them. Even when we don't think they will.

Anonymous said...

kids say the darnedest things don't they? Or is the better saying "out of the mouth of babes?"