Sunday, March 21, 2010

Faith, and Talking with God

The last few days have been an interesting few days. I spent a large part of last week looking for a job for next semester, and on Thursday, was offered a job. I accepted, and started training on Friday. That night, I had my past come back to haunt me, and got majorly depressed. Saturday, I spent a large portion of the day talking with God. He gave me an answer that I wasnt happy with, but had come to accept. The answer He seemed to give was in the form of a song. It is a song I am only vaguely famliar with, but was able to think of the first line of the song. It is called Consider the Lilies, based on a scripture found in Matthew, in the Sermon on the Mount. The basis of the scripture (and song) is that the flowers can't cloth themselves, and that God will provide for them, and take care of them. I am in a tight spot for next semester, and barely have enough for tuition, and so I thought a job was the right answer (especially since I don't qualify for financial aid exept for loans). Now, God seems to be telling me otherwise. This is where faith kicks in, and I have to trust. I havent completely made up my mind as to what I plan on doing, but I have to exercise faith. God will provide a way. I just need to figure out what that way is. I think I'll be doing a lot of talking with God over the next few days.

1 comment:

KatwalKatharsis said...

Your way ahead of the game. At least you know where your hope and faith lies. Some people don't figure that out until way after college, marriage and kids. Count it all joy when you go through diverse trails and tribulations♥