Saturday, May 3, 2008

dates for Everything?

we have preset dates for dating, for weddings, for vacations, for everything. but a pre-set date for a funeral? okay, so maybe it isnt that unusual. but the person isnt even dead yet?! that, i have to admit, i dont get. why would you set a date for your funeral, but you arent even dead yet? a lady that is in my Grandma's congregation has a date set for her funeral. the 10th of may. but she isnt dead. so why does she have a funeral date already? and what happens if she isnt dead? does the funeral go forth anyhow? do they do a funeral, and do everything but bury the person? thats one of the best ways to know what was said about you at your funeral. be alive while its happening. oh, i know! they kill the person off, right before the funeral so that they can still have the funeral! that must be it! i do admit to seeing some wisdom in it. then, you can make sure that the people who want to be there, can be there. but it doesnt do them any good if you really arent dead. unless you kill the person off. that might be interesting. kill off a person just before their family gets there for the funeral, just so that you can have the funeral, and make sure the people you want there are there. i love it. killing off people just so that they can have their funerals just the way they want it. maybe i'll follow suit, and make sure that i have a hand picked day for my funeral, and then, if i'm not dead, you can kill me off (but it has to be by my method of being killed. you have to at least promise me that), and make sure that my funeral is just how i wanted it. can i write that in my will? "i want my funeral this day, and if i'm not dead, kill me off, but do it in this fashion" i'll try it and let you know how it works.

No comments: