Monday, March 10, 2008

stolen idea

what else to do but this while hemming three pairs of pants? [thanks bonjean for the idea :)]
Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Bold out the songs when someone guesses correctly.

1- there was a barber and his wife, and she was beautiful.

2- sent to this earth, you were saved through the ages

3- was a man back in '95, who's heart ran out of summers

4- i hope you never loose your sense of wonder

5- look at me, i will never pass for a perfect bride, or a perfect daughter

6- there was a barber and his wife, and he was beautiful

7- i used to think that i was wrong

8- for the love of a woman, a man unlocks his heart

9- when i am down, and oh, my soul so weary

10- a customer! wait, what's your hurry?!

11- oh, Mr. Todd! I'm so happy, I could eat you up, I really could!

12- we may not see the end from the beginning

13- i am adolpho perelli, the king of the barbers, the barber of kings, i bid you bonjorno! good day!

14- tell me his name, i want to know the way he looks, and where you go.

15- God deliver me, release me, forgive me, restrain me, pervaid me.

16- the engine roared, the motor hissed.

17- attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.

18- the spirit of God, like a fire is burning

19- squirrels. all we really are are squirrels.

20-kiss a wookie, kick a droid, fly the Falcon through an asteroid.

21-sweet polley pluncket lay in the grass, turned her eyes heavenward, sighing

22- i feel you, johanna, i feel you.

23- his hands were quick, his fingers strong

24-excuse me, my lord, may i request, my lord, permission, my lord, to speak?

26- ladies and gentlemen, may i have your attention please!?

27-praise to the man who communed with Jehova!

28- sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow

29- rubber ducky, you're the one

30- ((spoken) out i say out! all this running' and shoutin' what is it now dear?) there's hole in a great black pit, and it's filled with people who are filled with shit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it

4 comments:

Bonnie Jean said...

Several of those, I think, are Sweeney Todd, but I couldn't tell you exactly what, as I don't know the soundtrack well enough. :)

#5 is from Mulan- Reflection, I think is the title in English, though I could be mistaken.

#19 is The Spirit of God (hymn #2 *grinneth*)

#20 is Moosebutter's Star Wars.

#29 is The Rubber Ducky song, most likely the version by a capella boy band group, but I don't know which one. :)

Melinda said...

you would be right, bonjean, that most of them are indeed from Sweeney Todd, (#s 1, 6, 10, 11,13, 15-17, 21-26, and 30, to be exact.)my randomness had a thing for sweeney todd, i guess.

#29 just happens to be by Inside out. indeed, one of those cool acapella boy band groups. :)

Bonnie Jean said...

Should I guess, then that #19 is also by Inside Out?

Oh, and I'll just mention, since you also bolded without me saying: #27 is Praise to the Man- I think that's hymn #19. :)

do you just have the hymns on CD now, thus in your iTunes, or do you have an interesting arrangement of some of them?

Melinda said...

yes, # 19 is indeed also by insdie out. and, also just so's you know, praise to the man isnt hymn 19. 19 is we thank the oh God for a propeht. praise to the man is hymn 27, actually. i thought it was interesting thats how it happened.
nope, i dont have hymns on CD, i just happen to have some cool arrangements of some of the hymns. :)