Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 28, 2008

Two years ago, I entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. How little i knew then that the experiences that I would have there, and in the 18 months that followed would change my life forever. I look back on that day, and see just how scared I was. I was literally being cut off from the world I knew, and being thrown into something foreign. At the time, I'll be honest, I was a bit angry with God for Him telling me I needed to go. But I listened, and I went, and now, I am so thankful that I did. I learned so much about myself, and about life. I learned much more about the gospel than I ever could have staying at home, and going to school (and possibly getting married). I look back on that day with a lot more appreciation than I had on that day. I look back, and I see myself entering, and being such a small girl. Now I am home, and I've grown. I've had at least one person say to me "Melinda, you aren't the same girl you were before your mission" and it makes me happy. It shows me again and again just how right God is, and always will be, even if we don't like what He wants us to do.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Such insight. And very very true. You speak with insight and wisdom that is hard-earned. :)